By the end of June , the availability of antibiotics will be restricted to prescription-only.
What does this mean to you?
You will no longer be able to purchase antibiotics from a farm store, mail order, or route driver unless you have a prescription from your veterinarian. Prescriptions must be filled by a pharmacist, but it is unlikely that local Wilco, Coastal or Tractor Supply stores will hire a pharmacist to fill veterinary prescriptions. You will be able to purchase these antibiotics from your veterinarian, or you can use a veterinarian's prescription to buy from an online vendor. Some local pharmacies will likely carry more veterinary-labeled products. Work with your veterinarian to adjust how your farm will access animal health products. This legislation also applies to animal like dogs ,fish, cats, camelids and horses.
Should I just stock up on antibiotic supplies?
At Thefishaid , we prioritize the availability of fish antibiotics and are committed to ensuring their supply throughout the month of June. However, it is important to note that beyond June, the circumstances regarding availability become uncertain. Therefore, we urge our customers to take proactive measures and secure an adequate stock of fish antibiotics to prepare for any potential challenges that may arise post-June. By stocking up now
How will I obtain antibiotics after June 2023?
To obtain these drugs, producers will need a valid veterinarian-client-patient relationship (VCPR) with a licensed veterinarian. A VCPR is considered valid if all of the following apply:
- A veterinarian has assumed the responsibility for making medical judgments regarding the health of an animal and the need for medical treatment.
- The animal owner or caretaker has agreed to follow the instructions of the veterinarian.
- The veterinarian has sufficient knowledge of the animal to initiate at least a general or preliminary diagnosis of the medical condition of the animal.
- The practicing veterinarian is readily available for follow-up in case of adverse reactions or failure of the therapy regimen.
- The veterinarian has recently seen and is personally acquainted with the keeping and care of the animal by virtue of examination of the animal, and/or by medically appropriate and timely visits to the premises where the animal is kept. In Oregon, this means that a veterinarian has visited or seen your operation or animals within the past 12 months.
- The veterinarian is not required to examine every animal to be treated but has sufficient knowledge of your specific situation to initiate and prescribe treatment.
- No Prescription is Required for all our antibiotics
- Latest expiration dates 3 years +
- All our antibiotics are USP grade and manufactured in the USA
- Fast, FREE Shipping! Order before 2 p.m., and it will ship today
- We ship most orders from our facilities within one business day!